This guide will walk you through the main tasks you'll want to perform on the infrastructure portal.
Creating an account
If you're part of a UK institution that provides research and innovation resources to the academic and industrial community, you can register your resources as research and innovation infrastructures (RIIs) on the InfraPortal.
- Click ‘Log in’ in the top right-hand corner of the website
- Click on the ‘Create new account’ tab
- Fill out the details in the form provided
- A one-time login link will be sent to you by email
- Use it to login and set a password
- If your team is already registered, ask your team members to add you to the group (see adding new members), otherwise contact us to create a new group at email@example.com
Please note: once your entries have been approved, you will be required to confirm that information is up to date once for each subsequent year that the RII remains published. In addition, access to this account will be required to edit any information uploaded to the InfraPortal.
Resetting an account password
To reset an account password:
1. Click ‘Log in’ in the top right-hand corner of the website
2. Select the ‘Reset your password’ tab
3. Fill in the form with your username or email address
4. Password reset instructions will then be sent to your registered email address
Registering a new infrastructure
Please see the ‘About the Portal’ section for further information on the content hosted by this website.
- Once logged in, click on infrastructure groups in the user menu
- If you want to register the infrastructure under a new group, click the Add group button, otherwise click on the group name you want to add it to and go to step 4
- Enter a name and click the create infrastructure group button:
- Click on nodes
- Click on add new content
- Fill out the form that appears. There is help text under each box describing what to enter. Take a look at some existing entries on the portal for inspiration, particularly for keywords, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you're unsure about what to put.
- When you're finished, scroll to the bottom and select 'Submitted for approval' in the save as option to submit the information for approval and publication.
If you would like to finish editing the content later, select 'Save draft' and click 'Save'. Once you are ready to submit, change the status to ‘Submitted for approval’ for approval and publication.
- Once submitted, you will be taken to a page showing your entry, which should look something like below. After this point, a data manager in the UKRI infrastructure roadmap team will review your submission and hopefully approve it. Once approved, the entry will be publicly visible. You will receive an email once the response has been made.
- If you go back to the group that you added the infrastructure to, you should see something like below. The moderation state column will show the current stage in the approval process, such as submitted for approval, approved, or more information requested. If the status column says unpublished, then the entry is not yet publicly visible. If it says published, then it is visible. Once an entry has been approved by the InfraPortal team it will automatically become published.
Editing an existing infrastructure
- Once logged in, click the 'Infrastructure groups' link under 'User menu' in the top right:
- This will display a list of groups that you are a member of. You can click the group's name to go to its page.
- Click the nodes tab, then the edit node button to edit the entry.
- Review and edit any details in the form provided and click save at the bottom of the page
Please note: you can set an entry manager email, which will receive all notifications such as confirmation of approval and update requests.
- The moderation state column will show the current stage in the approval process, such as submitted for approval, approved, or more information requested. The status column tells you if an entry is publicly visible or not. If it says unpublished, then the entry is not publicly visible. If it says published, then it is visible. Once an entry is approved, it will become published.
Removing an existing infrastructure
If you wish to remove specific RIIs from the site, you will need to contact the InfraPortal team. Please contact email@example.com with the details of your request.
To remove all uploaded information, including your user account, please follow the ‘cancelling or deleting your account’ section of this guide.
Add a member to a group
Please see the ‘About the Portal’ section for further information on the scope of the website.
- An individual must be registered on the InfraPortal before they can be added to a group. To register, please see the ‘Creating an account’ section of this guide. After the person has registered a user account, head to the infrastructure groups page by clicking the 'Infrastructure groups' link under 'User menu' in the top-right:
- This will display a list of groups that you are a member of. Click the group's name to go to its page.
- Click the members tab.
- This will display a list of current members. Click the 'Add member' button:
- On the page that follows, enter the username of the person you want to add and select their name from the drop-down box before clicking save:
Cancelling or deleting your account
If you no longer use the InfraPortal or are no longer affiliated to any RII then you may wish to cancel your account.
- Login to the website and select ‘My account’ from the user menu located in the top right-hand corner of the website.
- Select the ‘Edit’ tab on the account management page and click ‘cancel account’ at the bottom of the page. Confirm by clicking cancel account again on the next page
- You will receive an email providing a link to cancel your account Please note: after clicking on this link your request has been completed and it cannot be undone.
- After clicking on this link you will receive another email confirming that your account has been cancelled
Responding to an information update request
- Click ‘Log in’ in the top right-hand corner of the website
- Insert your login credentials and click log in
- Go to user menu and select infrastructure groups
- Click on the name of the group the infrastructure belongs to
- Click on Nodes
- Click on Edit node for your infrastructure
- Review and update the infrastructure submission form
- Click on save at the bottom of the form
Transferring group ownership between accounts
The best way to transfer ownership of a group between accounts is to add the new user to the existing infrastructure group by following the ‘Add a member to a group’ guide. Once the member has been added, you can then remove yourself from the group and cancel your user account.
- To remove yourself from the group, log into the website and select infrastructure groups from the user menu in the top right.
- Select the members tab to show a list of all members associated with the group.
- Select remove member from the members drop-down box next to your account name.
- You will then be presented with a confirmation page to remove your group membership. Select ‘Delete’ to confirm. Please note: once completed this operation cannot be reversed.
- You may then delete your account by following the ‘cancelling or deleting your account’ instructions within this guide.
Deleting a group
To delete a group, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org from your registered email account with the name of the group you wish to delete.
Manage Your Infrastructure
You can access the infrastructure management page by clicking on 'Infrastructures' in the User menu.
The Infrastructure management page lists all infrastructure managed by groups you are member of. In order, it displays:
- The name of the infrastructure
- A link to the infrastructure entry, where you can view and edit the entry.
- A link to the group the infrastructure is managed by.
- The email receiving notifications regarding the infrastructure (eg. approval notification, update request)
- The moderation state of the infrastructure
You can search trough your infrastructures by infrastructure name or group name, using the searchboxes on top of the page.
Transferring infrastructure ownership between accounts
It is not currently possible to transfer RIIs between different groups. If you have erroneously linked your RII to the wrong group, or you wish to move it to a different group, you will need to contact the InfraPortal team to complete this action on your behalf.
Please contact email@example.com with the details of your request.
If you're unable to find what you're looking for, this brief guide will help explain how the search and filters work.
You can search the website by inputting information into the search bar below
To make it easier to find institutions, the search checks lots of different information to best match your search terms.
- First, the search prioritises the title of the institution
- Next, it searches other names by which the institutions are known
- Finally, it searches the description field for references to your search term
This means that if you search "Bristol University" for example, results will be returned in roughly the following order:
- Institutions with "Bristol University" in the title
- Institutions with "Bristol" in the title
- Institutions that reference "Bristol University" in the description
- Institutions that reference Bristol in the description
- Institutions that reference University in the description
The search is case insensitive, so "Bristol" and "bristol" will return the same results.
You can press the enter key to search, instead of clicking the search button.
The dropdowns under the search bar allow you to display results in order of relevance or in alphabetical order
Once you search, the dropdown menus on the left allow you to filter the search results.
The filters are inclusive, so if you were to select Agriculture and Forestry, it would return Institutes in Agriculture, or Forestry, or Both Agriculture and Forestry.