InfraPortal has been developed to showcase hundreds of nationally significant research and innovation infrastructures which are available to UK researchers and innovators.
A range of other services exist to help you identify and use infrastructures, resources and equipment.
- Equipment.data is a catalogue listing UK research equipment, often at a smaller scale than the equipment listed on InfraPortal, such as a scanning electron microscope https://equipment.data.ac.uk. Funded by EPSRC in partnership with Jisc.
- N8 Shared Equipment Inventory System is an online database for research equipment located in the N8 University Partnership https://www.n8equipment.org.uk.
- Konfer is an intelligence brokerage platform. It provides information on 151 universities and research equipment, as well funding opportunities, experts and collaborators https://konfer.online. Developed by National Centre for Universities and Business in collaboration with UK Research and Innovation.
- Interface is a central hub connecting businesses to Scotland's 23 higher education and research institutes. It includes information on specialist research equipment based in universities that is accessible to industry https://interface-online.org.uk/how-we-can-help/specialist-facilities. Funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise, Scotland CAN DO, Scottish Enterprise and the Scottish Funding Council.
- Library Hub Discover exposes rare and unique research material by bringing together the catalogues of major UK and Irish libraries. Users can search and access over forty million library records from 117 institutions https://discover.libraryhub.jisc.ac.uk. Developed by Jisc.
- Launched in 2013 by the Canada Foundation for Innovation, the Research Facilities Navigator is an online directory that helps connect innovators with highly skilled researchers in publicly funded labs across Canada.
- OpenAIRE is a pan-European open science initiative. Users can search for and deposit data sets, software, publications and other research products and view their links to organisations and institutions https://explore.openaire.eu/. OpenAIRE is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- MERIL, standing for Mapping of the European Research Infrastructure Landscape, is a portal providing access to information about openly accessible research infrastructures in Europe, across all scientific domains including the social sciences and humanities https://portal.meril.eu/meril/. MERIL was funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
- Europeana is database to explore over fifty-seven million items of cultural heritage, such as artworks, artefacts, books, films and music from museums, libraries, galleries and archives from across Europe https://www.europeana.eu/portal/en. Funded by the European Union’s Connecting Europe Facility and European Union Member States.
- NARCIS is the gateway to information on the Netherlands’ research organisations, data sets, publications and people https://www.narcis.nl/. NARCIS is a part of DANS, Data Archiving and Networked Services, the Netherlands Institute for permanent access to digital research resources.
- WOLF, standing for World of Large Facilities, is a portal that provides information on Korea’s large research facilities https://wolf.zeus.go.kr. Developed by National Facilities and Equipment Center (NFEC), Korea.
- GRID, standing for Global Research Identifier Database, is a portal providing access to a database of research institution identifiers located across the world https://grid.ac/. Developed by Digital Science, a subsidiary of the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group.
If you wish to feature your catalogue of infrastructures, resources or equipment then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org